Type 1 cylinders are seamless steel vessels designed and manufactured to the very highest standards. They are recognised as the most robust, safe and long-lasting high pressure gas cylinders available worldwide
As a global leader in gas containment systems manufacturing and services, the product range we offer is extensive.
|Pressure vessel manufacturing standards:
DEF STAN 02-317
|Other national and international certification:
BIE International Ltd
Seamless Type 1 steel cylinders are designed and manufactured to the very highest standards. They are recognised as the most robust, safe and long-lasting high pressure gas cylinders available worldwide.
Type 1 cylinders are the standard storage vessels for the hydrogen sector globally, thanks to their longevity giving excellent through life value. They are recognised as the safest way in which to store hydrogen at high pressure.
NOTE: As the originator of the revalidation testing and re-accreditation programmes (BS 8562 and EN 16753) we are able to provide innovative and cost effective solutions to cylinder re-validation, therefore providing competitive through life costs.
- Since the refuelling process for hydrogen vehicles requires higher pressure, we have developed a 600 bar hydrogen trailer. One of the advantages of this trailer is that it also facilitates the transportation of 200 bar hydrogen cylinders. This makes our trailer a leading player within the sector of future fuel transportation.
- We also offer various other solutions for the transportation of alternative fuels.
- Storing hydrogen under high pressure and within the confinement of a small footprint such as a refuelling station, requires a highly technical solution. Here at CSC, we work closely with our customers to identify the best and cost-effective solutions for hydrogen refuelling stations around the world. We are supporting companies at the forefront of developing systems for this embryonic and growing industry.
- CSC’s bespoke solutions reflect the size and pressure of the customers requirements. In regard to safety devices, the experience of Chesterfield Special Cylinders hydrogen solutions world-wide, has helped to make systems as safe as possible.
- Type 1 cylinders are robust, long-life steel vessels that provide the safest storage option for high pressure hydrogen.
- The efficiency of renewable plants is of major importance, especially in the storage of hydrogen or CNG (Biomethane). Whether you’re in need of a buffer system, a storage system or if you simply need to secure gas availability for process purposes, CSC has designed and installed various compatible projects all over the world.
- We are well versed in the worldwide leading standards in design and re-testing. Our engineers will provide the most economical solution without compromising safety
- In collaboration with leading players in this field, we have begun the analysis process, to identify a feasible solution for P2G plant.
- Even if your project is at an early stage, we can use our experience to support you.